Fri, Oct 06|
10 - Week Mindfulness Course: Trauma Responsive Focus
Deepen your personal meditation practice to cultivate greater presence, space, insight, connection, groundedness and states of stillness. Integrate skills and principles for healing developmental trauma, contributing to personal healing and increased capacity for self care and service to others.
Time & Location
Oct 06, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EDT
About the event
- Deepen your personal meditation practice to cultivate greater presence, space, insight, connection, groundedness and states of stillness.
- Integrate skills and principles for healing developmental trauma, contributing to personal healing and increased capacity for self care, resourcing, finding inner nourishment and connection with self, inner guidance, alignment with purpose and sense of agency.
- Deepen capacity to integrate mindfulness, meditation and trauma responsiveness into your work with clients and the populations that you serve, both individually and systemically.
About This Course:
When we experience difficulty, we unearth the trauma patterns that are within us and that we experience in our lives.
Learning to relate with our trauma patterns allows us to find freedom, self acceptance, and greater capacity to find new ways of relating with ourselves, the people in our lives, and the various external aspects of our life experience.
As professionals, we also come in contact with our client’s trauma- the patterns that our clients continuously come up against in themselves as they experience difficulty, triggering and activation. The more that we learn and refine our inner work and capacities to be with ourselves, the more we are able to be with our clients in effective, beneficial, and healing ways.
This course will be designed to facilitate participant’s deepening connection with themselves, and to learn how to respond to trauma and adaptive survival strategies within themselves. This deepening awareness and practice will support their work with clients and meeting the trauma that their clients come with.
This course will be experiential, interactive, and relational. It is designed to facilitate embodied learning of mindfulness and trauma-responsive practices for healing developmental trauma.
We’ll start each session with a grounding meditation, followed by content, sitting meditation, relational practice, community learning and live Q&A.
The course will also include two one-to-one calls with the instructor, to use in the ways that will be most useful to the participant.
Recordings of each session will be sent to all participants, including the audio meditation recordings.
About Your Teacher:
Sarah Oben is a certified meditation teacher and functional nutrition counselor, who focuses on trauma responsiveness in her work with clients. She supports her clients to respond compassionately and insightfully to the trauma patterns in themselves, thereby deepening their felt connection with self and their capacity to meet the trauma in the populations they serve as well. She is a student of collective trauma healing with Thomas Hübl.
Areas of Expertise:
- Certification as Mindfulness Meditation Teacher, from Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield
- Certification as Functional Nutrition Counselor, from Andrea Nakayama and the Functional Nutrition Alliance
- Student of Marriage and Family Therapy, Capella University
- Student of NARM Therapy (NeuroAffective Relational Model), an advanced training for mental health professionals who work with complex trauma
- Student of Collective Trauma Healing, with Thomas Hübl in his Timeless Wisdom Training
- Ticket type
+$12.50 service fee+$12.50 service fee